BioActive exists to
deliver platelet-gel (P-gel) and similar healing treatments to
patients who could benefit and to eliminate the
impediments to wide physician use of these types of cellular
- Common uses of P-gel include treatments for trauma involving
skin laceration, chronic non-healing wounds such as ulcers and
pressure sores, injections to promote internal soft-tissue healing, and surgical uses for incision closure.
- P-gel is safe and proven and has been used clinically for more
than a decade. In over 90 percent of clinical studies, improved
outcomes are reported with no indications of adverse effects.
- P-gel is made using a patientís own blood obtained during their
- Healing is enhanced over other forms of treatment by the
haemostatic, chemo tactic, mitogenic, and cellular maturation
properties attributable to the platelets P-gel contains.
- Other benefits over non-P-gel use include less risk of
infection, bleeding control, superior cosmetic outcomes, and
ultimately, medical and claims cost savings over competing treatment